Setting up an ICQ Account
To Create an ICQ Account:
- Choose Preferences from the Adium menu.
- Click the Accounts button at the top.
- Click the + button.
- Choose ICQ from the menu.
- Enter your ICQ number and password in the Account panel.
- Enter your alias and choose an icon in the Personal panel.
- Select your preferred encoding in the Options panel (if you're unsure about which encoding to choose leave the default value ISO-8859-1).
- Choose whether you would like to send typing notices and choose your preferred encryption level in the Privacy panel.
- Setup your proxy configuration in the Proxy panel if you need to (if you don't know what proxy configuration details to enter you don't need to enter any).
- Click OK.