Commencement News: Computer Science Department Undergraduates and Graduates Diploma Ceremony
||Sunday, June 18, 2017
Dear Students, Families, & Friends:
We are looking forward to this year's graduation ceremonies. The main University event will begin at 9:30 a.m. in the Stanford Stadium. This year’s Commencement Speaker will be Mariano-Florentino "Tino" Cuellar, associate justice of the Supreme Court of California and a Stanford alumnus. More information about the University ceremony can be found at https://commencement.stanford.edu/.
The Computer Science Departmental diploma ceremony will begin at 12:30 p.m. in Frost Amphitheater. Guests should be in their seats by 12:15 p.m. to ensure a timely start of the event.
- No tickets are required for guests. We recommend bringing a sun hat and sunscreen.
- There will be a handicapped seating area with easy wheelchair access.
- A light lunch will be available before the ceremony. Finger sandwiches, fruit, green salad, chips, cookies, apple cider and lemonade. Bring a blanket if you'd like to picnic on the grass.
- Traffic on campus is heavy during Commencement and parking is tight. Frost Amphitheatre is within a five-minute walk of the main commencement ceremony at Stanford Stadium so for those able to make the short walk, we recommend traveling on foot rather than driving between the two.
- We have a small parking area off of Lasuen Street which will be available to vehicles with handicapped placards. There are 20 spaces and these will be given out on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Entry to Frost is via a steep incline and then a downhill walk to the seating area. Shuttles (golf carts) will be available to transport guests unable to manage the hill on their own. The pick-up point will be on Lasuen Street next to the handicapped parking lot.
- There are a number of large parking lots in the vicinity of the Stanford Stadium and Frost Amphitheatre. For more information on parking, please view the Weekend Parking and Transportation page at Stanford's main commencement website.
Photos: There will be professional photographers taking pictures as each graduate receives his/her diploma. To pre-register go to