2005-2009 Undergrad: CS, Physics and Math at University of Toronto. 2009-2011 Masters: CS at University of British Columbia. I worked with Michiel van de Panne on Motor Control in physically simulated articulated figures. Summer 2011 and Summer 2013, Google Research: Large scale Deep Learning for video classification. (Tom Dean, Greg Corrado, George Toderici, Sanketh Shetty)
My main research interests are in Machine Learning and my preferred application domain is Vision. I like my data large, my algorithms simple, and my labels weak. I maintain a mostly academic blog for fun. I wish all researchers had one.
Large-Scale Video Classification with Convolutional Neural Networks Andrej Karpathy, George Toderici, Sanketh Shetty, Thomas Leung, Rahul Sukthankar, Li Fei-Fei CVPR 2014 (oral).
Object Discovery in 3D scenes via Shape Analysis Andrej Karpathy, Stephen Miller, Li Fei-Fei ICRA 2013.
Emergence of Object-Selective Features in Unsupervised Feature Learning Adam Coates, Andrej Karpathy, Andrew Ng NIPS 2012.
iPhone app (Objective C). Made over $20,000 on this so far :). I've also ported it to an Android app (phew!)
- Also, I recently released a 2-4 player iPad game called Loud Snakes. - I also hacked on a photo sharing iPhone app but turns out I underestimated the amount of work necessary :)
Sketcher [video] (Python) simulates a person drawing an image.
- Advice for doing well in undergrad classes
- Little comic-like things I make for fun sometimes
- My Speedcubing page. This now averages about ~1200 views/day, I'm happy that people find it useful when learning to cube.
- OPML of some of the blogs I follow: RSS feeds (can import to RSS readers)