CS223A — Introduction to Robotics
Winter Quarter 2013
|Instructors||Prof. Oussama Khatib
Room Gates 144
Office hours: Mon/Wed 4:00–5:00pm
|Dr. Torsten Kroeger
Room Gates 122
Office hours: Mon/Wed, 4:00–5:00pm
Office hours: Fri, 11:00–12:00am
Office hours: Fri, 11:00–12:00am
Office hours: Tue, 3:00–4:00pm
Office hours: Mon, 1:00–2:00pm
Room: Gates 120 (Fishbowl)
|Lectures||Gates B03||Mon, Wed, 2:15-3:30pm|
- Mar 10: Sign up for the second Review Session: Sign-up
- Feb 21: The final exams will take place in room 040, Jordan Hall, 450 Serra Mall, Bldg. 420 on March 18, 12:15–3:15pm.
- Feb 13: Xiyang Yeh's office hour is now on Monday 1-2pm.
- Feb 4: Sign up for the first Review Session: Sign-up
- Jan 16: The office hours of Mihitha Nutakki are now 3:00–4:00pm on Tuesdays and of Xiyang Yeh 3–4:00pm on Thursdays.
- Jan 7: The office hours will be conducted in room 120. If the room is occupied, the TAs can be found at the lab space outside of the room.
- Jan 7: To view the lecture online, login at the SCPD website
- Jan 7: We will use Piazza, an online collaboration tool during the quarter. Please sign up and enroll in 'CS 223A'.
- Jan 7: Welcome to an exciting new quarter!
- Jan 7: Introduction (pdf)
- Jan 9: Spatial descriptions 1 (pdf)
- Jan 14: Spatial descriptions 2
- Jan 16: Forward Kinematics 1 (pdf)
- Jan 21: Holiday (Martin Luther King Day)
- Jan 23: Forward Kinematics 2 (pdf)
- Jan 28: Inverse Kinematics (pdf)
- Jan 30: Trajectory Generation (pdf)
- Feb 4: Jacobians: Velocities (pdf)
- Feb 6: Jacobians: Explicit Form (pdf)
- Feb 6: Review 1 Group I (7-9pm, Gates 119)
- Feb 7: Review 1 Group II (7-9pm, Gates 119)
- Feb 11: Midterm examination (in class)
- Feb 13: Jacobians: Static Forces (pdf)
- Feb 18: Holiday (President’s Day)
- Feb 20: Dynamics: Acceleration and Inertia (pdf)
- Feb 25: Dynamics: Explicit Form
- Feb 27: Vision in Robotics (Guest Lecturer)
- Mar 4: Control: PID control (pdf)
- Mar 6: Control: Joint space control
- Mar 11: Control: Operational space formulation & Force control
- Mar 11: Review 2 Group I (7-9pm, Gates 119)
- Mar 12: Review 2 Group II (7-9pm, Gates 119)
- Mar 13: Advanced Topics
- Mar 18 : Final examination (12:15-3:15pm, Jordan Hall 420-040 )
HomeworksHomework Guidelines: Homework is due by 5 pm on the due date. You can turn it in to the TAs during class or in the Homework submission box near Gates 188 and 182. Anything handed in after 5 pm on the due date will be penalized by 30% per late day (for instance: submitting at due date 5:05 pm is 1 late day). In order to receive a grade at the end of the course, all homework must have been handed in. All homework is to be done individually. If you have any homework problems, you are urged to bring your questions to the instructors or the TAs.
- Show your work -- you'll get no credit for answers without explanations.
- Circle / Highlight your answers -- if we can't find your answers, we can't grade your assignment.
- Write legibly -- if we can't read your name or your answers, we can't grade your assignment.
- Staple pages -- if pages go missing, we can't grade your assignment.
- Use common sense for decimals -- if the question states a = 1.34, then don't give answers like 2*a = 2.680001245735. If your solution contains fractions, square roots etc., do not convert them into decimals until the "last" possible step.
|Homework 1 (pdf)|| Wed, Jan. 16
||Wed, Jan. 23|
|Homework 2 (pdf)||Wed, Jan. 23||Wed, Jan. 30|
|Homework 3 (pdf)||Wed, Jan. 30||Wed, Feb. 6|
|Homework 4 (pdf)||Wed, Feb. 13||Wed, Feb. 20|
|Homework 5 (pdf)||Wed, Feb. 20||Mon, Mar. 4|
|Homework 6 (pdf)||Mon, Mar. 4||Mon, Mar. 11|