- About Us
- Computer Forum
Please note: all application deadlines are final. Applications will not be accepted after the deadline.
This information is designed to facilitate your application processing and to maximize your chance for admission to our graduate programs in the Computer Science Department. Please read this material carefully BEFORE you fill out your application.
- BEFORE YOU BEGIN, you must review the University's Graduate Admissions website before applying on-line. Then, carefully follow their directions as the first step for completing an application to the Computer Science Department. Detailed graduate information, financing Graduate Study and University requirements for application to Graduate Study at Stanford are available at this website.
- Keep your e-mail address current by notifying CS Graduate Admissons at email@example.com. All correspondence regarding your application and notification of all admissions decisions are done via your e-mail.
- Make sure your first and last names remain consistent throughout the application process, on your TOEFL and GRE tests, and in your correspondence with the department.
- Because of the large volume of applications received, submit your application early to avoid any delays in processing.
- Admission to the Computer Science Department is very competitive. Each year approximately 1,500 applications are received for our graduate programs. It is recommended that all parts of the application be strong as many outstanding applications are received. In order to ensure a complete and competitive application, careful preparation and attention is required. Please plan well in advance of the application deadline and submit your application early.
- Take your GRE and TOEFL tests early. You must ensure that the scores arrive at Stanford by our deadline. Be sure to self-report all available scores on your application and have ETS send your official scores to Stanford immediately. Any inquiries regarding transmission must be directed to the Education Testing Service (ETS.)